Saturday, 8 September 2012

Under the Sea


It's party time! 
A while ago the talented Natasha from Nevie-Pie Cakes asked me to make some 'Under the Sea' themed hair clip holders for her little one's birthday party goodie bags. I do love a theme and cannot wait to see Natasha's aquatic dessert table of delights. Here is a sneak peek via Natasha's Instagram pics. I managed to finish the stitching late last night, photographed them as early as I could this morning and bagged and labelled them up for a party happening TODAY at 12 noon!!! Luckily Natasha lives pretty nearby and is fully aware of my last-minute stitching style. Here's what I came up with.


I used some gorgeous Jane Means ribbons and the pom pom trims I am so fond of these days, here are my seahorses.


The jellyfish could double up as clouds too!


I was given free reign with designs and colours, apart from one important factor, the birthday girl simply must have a dolphin. Hopefully she will like one of these specimens.

To see more birthday party favour ideas, take a look at my flickr  photo set.

To check out Nevie-Pie Cakes you can find them on facebook, twitter, read their blog or visit their website, you will NOT be disappointed with the ridiculously uber-amazing hand painted cakes and cookies.

Right, I am making the most of the good weather today with my felt family and then tomorrow it's sewing, sewing, sewing.

Have a fabulous weekend.

Love

No comments: