Tuesday, 14 February 2012

LOVE


Before Valentine's Day is over I had to post some pics of this years Valentine's Tea Party. I downsized a lot this year and the girls only invited their best friends from school over for some seriously girlie fun!
First we decorated cupcakes, I totally cheated and bought pre-made chocolate chip muffins, placed them in some pretty cupcake wrappers and gave the girls some (pre-made) chocolate butter cream and sprinkles to decorate them with plus a bit of glitter on top too. These very cute cupcake toppers were a freebie from the fabulous ARK Designs , the girls loved them. Thank you Anna x

We decorated some big sparkly foam hearts too with some stickers and gems, then I made a hole in them for some ribbon, all from my favourite shop hobbycraft!
I had to have a go at making the heart garland too, I think the felt I used was a bit too thick and my scissors weren't long enough or sharp enough but it looked good from a distance! Here's where I found the tutorial
I couldn't stop there though, oh no, so I made this Valentine's Banner too...

and some heart decorations for the party bags...

Other activities included making cute necklaces, using pretty things all from my bead and button box and marshmallow pop decorating (lolly sticks with a marshmallow dipped in melted choc then dipped in a bowl of sprinkles, yummy). 
All over for another year now, just enough time left for sharing a take-away with hubby.

Oh, and finally a special request for a Valentine's day gift for a colleagues girlfriend. 

It's made in their forthcoming wedding colours  and with their initials, awww bless, young love! I and my hubby on the other hand celebrated 12 years of  marriage at the weekend.....oh my.

Happy Valentines day to you all, even if you hate it! 

love

3 comments:

LITTLE KITTEN homemade said...

What a lovely party xo

kadiehearts said...

Im a huge fan of your work and wondering what scissors (if a scissors) do you use to get the effects around the edging? I bought myself pinking shears but they just bend the felt and dont cut :S help?? :D X

HeartfeltHandmade said...

Hello :) I use pinking shears with a scalloped edge - you can get them on ebay - that's where I got mine! I'm in love with scalloped edges! xx