Wednesday, 16 February 2011

earlier this week...

...you may have noticed it was Valentines Day, well, I'm not interested in extravagant flowers, chocolates, diamonds, no, really I'm not, I'm more of a 'happy with a card' or a sweet gesture, or a Chinese takeaway type of gal. However, the kids love a theme and who am I to deny them, so somehow I managed to cobble together a little Valentine's Tea for them and a few little friends, the photos are a bit naff as I didn't get a chance to photograph all the goodies in natural light, but here's a little insight...


...firstly I had a go at making my own Valentines Day wreath, this one actually started out as my Christmas wreath but I never got round to finishing it!
Then, remember the sparkly heart cake toppers I made?
well, I cheated a little and bought some 'ready-made' fairy cakes, popped them into heart themed cake cases, swirled on a generous dollop of pink vanilla butter cream icing, yummy, and added a sparkly topper, et voila...
I even had an attempt at making a bunting cake topper for a teeny coconut sponge cake, that we added heart-shaped marshmallows to, using the aforementioned butter cream as 'glue'...
...and there you have it, a speedy Valentines tea, over and done with for another year.
Also, the winner of my Valentine's Giveaway, Sarah from FunkyFairy, received her goodies...
I'm nearly at 600 'likers' on Facebook, so maybe I'll run another giveaway then :o) so get 'liking' everyone!
Have a lovely remainder of the week all.



5 comments:

Jenny said...

LOVE your sparkly heart cake toppers, they're fab! Your Valentine's tea looks lovely, I'm sure they appreciated all the effort you made! x

♥ emma bear forever ♥ said...

Oooooo I love your valentines wreath. What a fantastic idea xx

Sarah said...

Thank you for the goodies, ive just blogged about them xx

Traceyr said...

Your valentine's tea looked fab hope everyone was throughly "loved Up" at the end of it. :)

Scented Sweetpeas said...

what a fab party, love the table of goodies and glitter :-)