Friday, 14 January 2011

Going LARGE

I wanted to show you something new from me today, yippee. I've been making my felt padded name banners for quite some time now and I recently had an enquiry for a custom order for larger padded letters about 20 cms tall and an inch thick, of course I accepted this challenge thinking no problem I can do that, thinking I'll get over the 'thickness' issue somehow. Turns out that, although I had my doubts, I can actually do that and here's how it turned out...
It took me a while to decide if I should do hidden seams but thought I'd try it this way first and liked the look. So letter E was my test run...
followed by...
and ...
then another E...
finally I strung these ones together with cord...
and there you have it. I made my own letter templates using a ruler and graph paper too.
I'll be adding these squishy squashy letters to my shops soon, hope you like them.

8 comments:

Scented Sweetpeas said...

I think it looks much nicer with the hems, fab letters, how lovely also to see another Esme around other than little sweetpea :-) x

Once Upon a Time in the North said...

Tha seams look fine. All the letters look solid and well made.....and totally gorgeous!

hello gorgeous said...

hey gorgoeus, I LOVE these, love the way the seams are on show, love the size and thickness and would also love if they weren't strung together too as I am imagining some little human cwtching them tightly whilst nodding off to sleep!

well done you :o)

hugs

hello gorgeous xxx

louise35flower said...

You're on to a winner yet again, they look brilliant!

Annie xx TheFeltFairy said...

Wow! They are fantastic - Esme is a favourite name of mine - I was 30 when I first heard it and the lady was 85! I have loved it since and if I had heard it earlier I would have chosen it as my daughters name!!

Traceyr said...

Wonderful large letters I love them. :)

Natasha said...

Very impressed. I think I'll order one each for my girls!
xx

Isla B Baby said...

They look great, going large is the way to go! Lucky Esme xx