Thursday, 25 November 2010

Banner Time

Waking up to a light sprinkling of snow made me feel so Christmassy this morning, although that soon changed when I got brain freeze on the walk back from school, must get myself a big woolly hat. 
So, what with the snow and all, it may very well still only be November (and I'm not normally one for decking the halls this early), but I've been in the loft and brought down the boxes marked 'XMAS'. I surprised myself at how well packed they were, I must have had a burst of organisation as I packed them away in January. I don't know about you, but I have an expensive addiction..... to Christmas magazines. I've bought so many that I got home on Monday with a shiny new plastic wrapped magazine of Christmas promise only to realise that I'd bought that one already, so that's it now, I am STOPPING with the magazine obsession....I've even kept old Christmas mags from 2007.... please tell me I'm not the only one? 


Anyway, I'm off now to post off an order, I was there the other day with 8 parcels all going Air Mail to various far off destinations (all needing customs labels filled out and proofs of postage) and there was quite a queue forming behind me - but I never look back these days as I know there'll always be a few huffy puffy noises coming from the queue - oops). 
But here's a few new banners in the meantime.....


Hope there's not too much snow where you are today, I ordered 2 new PINK sledges the other day for the girls (of course) just in case we get snowed in again like we did last winter! Have fun.

10 comments:

hello gorgeous said...

hey sweet cheeks....I was thinking the same thing re xmas decs this week {not once, but TWICE}....but am holding off bringing the box down, well at least until this birthday weekend has gone by! ;op

LOVE the Christmas banner....

hugs

hello gorgeous xxx

CraftyHelen said...

I have a pile of old Xmas mags too. I haven't succombed yet this year, but I guess that there is still time?... I adore the Merry Christmas banner. Do you have templates for your letters, or do you cut them by hand?xx

HeartfeltHandmade said...

thanks hello gorgeous, i've got a couple of bdays to get out of the way first too, I normally put up the decs after them but I may get decking the halls sooner now the boxes are down!

Thanks CraftyHelen, I cut them all by hand but I print out all my own templates from the computer, that way you can make them any size and font you fancy!

xx

Vintage Amethyst said...

Ooohh lovely Christmas banners!
We have so much snow here today, it is thick & it's been snowing heavily all morning too!!! Hurray!
I do love snow!
I can't wait to pop our decorations up this year!!!
love
Alison
x

Jo said...

A bit of snow certainly helps with the Christmas spirit. I don't think I've ever bought a purely Christmas magazine am I really missing out?
Jo

Scented Sweetpeas said...

oohhh I got a sledge this year too after making my kiddies use trays last year :-) Fab banner - and yes maybe you should give up the mag thing, i haven't bought any Christmas ones yet (well I did buy a cross stitch one that was slight christmassy so that is a bit of a lie). You should just turn to those huffy people in the queue and say 'It is great keeping the post office in business isn't it!'.

Traceyr said...

Gorgeous banners there and well done you on packing last years decs so well.

As to the magazine addiction - I have weaned myself off them and now don't go into a newsagents hahaha

:)

martienna said...

ou, like ur blog ! :D
is very very very cute !
notes are very interesting ;**


if you want follow me and write comment ;*

martienna said...

i like ur blog ! :)
is fantastic ! :D
i very like ur notes !
more more !!


if you want follow me and write comment :**

C@rl@ said...

olá
Apesar de já não nos falarmos tantas vezes não quer dizer que esqueço...
Mas a vida é complicada e nem sempre dá para visitar toda a gente como gostaria outras vezes da aquela preguiça de escrever um comentário :(
mas quero desejar um feliz 2011 cheio de tudo de bom que tudo o que peças se realize para ti e familia *.* bjkas