Wednesday, 20 October 2010

Display dilemma...

so....I've signed up for a billion and one fairs over the Christmas period and thoughts always turn to my table and genius ways in which to display my wares...
I've done a fair few of these now and always plan to be able to set up my stall in record time, all priced and labelled in advance but inevitably I'm always up all night labelling and still faffing around with my display as the first customers begin to trickle in. 
This year I have two sets of shelf units, painted white, that I plan to string up some of my banners in between, but I think this calls for a spot of practise and some new labelling/packaging, just to give myself some more to do. 
I'm hoping to have cute photos of my products 'in action' displayed on my stall too and will need to rope in the help of my two girlies and maybe even their friends... there could be a 'moustache photo montage' coming soon! 
My favourite stall set up so far was for last Easter, I felt my table was fresh and bright but I do feel I need more stock to bulk it out a bit more, or is less more? I guess I need to find a happy balance so the table doesn't look too crammed or too empty! 
O dear, I feel I have a lot to work on. In the meantime here's a pic of my own fave stall set (yes it's all about me!) and some others too that are ingenious, bright and inspiring...

my stall last Easter at the More Than A Mama fayre 

the inspired use of a bright thread rack put to a good purpose as a stand for a whole motley crew of cute finger puppets for abbey*christine
a beautifully romantic vintage display from ittybittybirdy 
 using a chest of drawers to display monda loves' wonderful wares is a fabulous fun idea
and finally I love the use of these old suitcases in Lockette's display.

So, feeling inspired I'm off to do some more thinking and trawling through flickr pics for stall inspiration....
do you use any every day objects in your stall displays? I'd love to hear your ideas...
Have a happy Tuesday, I'm off to put another jumper on, brrrrrr, it's chilly at home today.

6 comments:

Lucy said...

They all look so inviting! I don't do fairs myself but the only thing I can think of is perhaps a tiered cake stand to display smaller items?

louise35flower said...

Lots of ideas! I have been looking out for a suitcase for my purses, the perfect pop up shop :)

Scented Sweetpeas said...

oohh your easter stall looks gorgeous, I think less is more, as long as you have a few of each item on show you can always re-stock as they go. Also people will them worry things will sell out so are probably more likely to buy there and then ;-)

Traceyr said...

Wonderful display and I am sure you will sell everything :)

Missy said...

Wow. what super great set ups. I'm going to do my first fair ina couple weeks and mine will look nowhere as close to awesome as yours.

Jane and Lou said...

This is great Marie - I'm doing my first market early next year and I want it to look as amazing as yours!! Jane:)