Sunday, 9 May 2010

A Birdie Birthday

A few weeks in the planning and an hour and a half of party fun and it's all over again for another year, but what a lot of fun was had, and I thoroughly enjoyed making the party bag fillers, icing the cupcakes, dipping the marshmallows on sticks into a bowl full of sprinkles, setting up the dessert table and making Georgie's name banner not to mention the excitement of picking up the birthday cake from Nevie-Pie Cakes and ooohing and ahhhhing over yet another triumphant creation....she is a clever caker.

 















And now, the cake still lies in all it's colourful glory exposed on it's stand, mostly all scoffed, with it's sugar crafted birdies squirrelled away by little birdie-pinching fingers, the pink balloons are laying slightly deflated on the floor (there seems to be some in every area of the house, how do they do that?), birthday bunting remains hanging proud around the house, colourful birthday cards are (mostly) standing up to attention, until you walk past them, knocking down a couple, round the back of the telly. 
Today is a day of rest though, I'll move the furniture back to where it should be tomorrow, but at the moment, I'm enjoying having the armchair 
in the kitchen instead of the dining table.......






p.s. a BIG thank you to everyone who helped in the planning, inspiration and making xoxo

16 comments:

Dayse M. Howe said...

Congratulations for your Georgie, she is always very happy!
And congratulations also to the beautiful decor of the party, everything is beautiful, perfect, cake and beautiful! I love their work, their work is my inspiration! I have great admiration for you without even knowing it!
Congratulations!
A hug with love ..... Dayse

TheHappyHomemaker said...

Oh, I wish I had been at that party! Everything is lovely! I especially love the birdy necklace party favor and I wonder how you made the awesome "tye dye" cake.

Natasha said...

Fabulous looking spread and gifts. You have raised the party stakes lady! I hope the birthday girl didn't need the bucket!

Gerry Snape said...

What a marvelous birthday party!Wonderful decor, you deserve your rest.

Button Patch said...

That is one beautiful looking party. I could never have even dreamed of anything like it. I love the rainbow theme and how on earth do you rainbow colour a cake?

Fantastic. I just hope I remember to visit this post when it's time to do my daughters party.

Love
clare
x

LittleGem said...

What a gorgeous birthday party. So many lovely details, I bet she had a brilliant time.
Well done you!
xx

Susan Crabtree said...

this is super adorable! love your favors and the cake is amazing!

Traceyr said...

wow! What a wonderful party wish I had one like that when I was a child. What a lovely mummy you are.

:)

A To Zebra Celebrations said...

WOW!!! I love love this party. AWESOME JOB!! Kudos to you :) Could I share about this party on my blog?

Eva's House said...

I'm impressed!! Everything is lovely and perfect!!!Did you have a good time? I think so!! Love that cake :)

HeartfeltHandmade said...

Thank you everyone, we all had a great time and I still have a small piece of the amazing cake left, but not for much longer!!

A to Zebra Celebrations - absolutely, please feel free to share these pics x

mrs. c said...

All I can say is that this is about the most adorable party I have ever seen and I look at alot of party blogs. My maiden name is Dove and this would have been a wonderful theme for my birthday as a child!!! Thanks for sharing your lovely ideas!

poppyart said...

this is so beautiful, marie. what a lovely birthday party and so many special treats.x

Hannah's Tutus said...

Love the bird theme that was something we talked about on my blog this week as I featured our new birdy items at Hannahs Tutus

Virginie said...

So cute ! I am thinking of a rainbow theme for one of my daughter's future birthdays and this is such an inspiration ! Colourful yet delicate.

Virginie said...

Just to let you know I have featured your party on my blog
Thanks for sharing !
http://thatcutelittlecake.blogspot.com/2011/01/rainbow-party-inspiration-1.html