Sunday, 18 April 2010

Party Panic

It's that time of year again when thoughts drift to parties......birthday parties...........in particular, my youngest's forthcoming 4th birthday party. 

Well, I normally leave things with only a few weeks to plan, craft and create, but I (sorry of course I mean 'WE') have finally decided upon a bright birdie theme, with rainbows, flowers and generally anything else that I can add into the mix! If it's a dry day we will take the party outside, lovely......
So, I've been checking out some truly awe-inspiring party blogs (in particular Party Perfect) and spending very important research hours drooling over the incredible themes and decorations. Now I'm all geared up for our birdie theme and as you can see, I've made a start with the invitations printed, my cupcake toppers made (just awaiting their white lolly sticks to arrive), party bags labelled and a couple of larger birdies made for a 'Georgie' name banner. I've placed my order for a special birthday cake with the talented Nevie-Pie Cakes, now I just need to make some nice bright tissue paper pompoms, a ribbon garland, birdie hair clips, pinwheels and............... oh blimey I'd better get on with it all! Talking of hair clips though .........
 

 
.....having started to make the birdie hair clips for Georgie's goodie bags, I also decided to make some hair flowers too, just because the sun was shining and I've got a huge bag of blank alligator clips just waiting to be adorned with something. Here's Maddie modelling them for me.

In the world of garlands, a custom order for an 'Uno' inspired Birthday Banner is on it's way over the pond to it's rightful owner, hope they like it, it was fun to make. This week I will be working on a few custom orders, one with a train, one with a US and English flag and one Beatles inspired 'all you need is love' banner, exciting, I can't wait to see the finished results! So I shall be off now to continue party planning and stitching. Hope you are all having a lovely weekend.


12 comments:

CraftyHelen said...

Oooh - please may we see the US/UK flags item. I'm a Brit married to a Yank so I'm very interested. My children love the fact that they're 1/2 and 1/2!xx

winnibriggs said...

What a lovely party theme. Everything looks enchanting. Good luck with your mountain of things still to do.

Natasha said...

Looking forward to seeing it all finished and creating a cake to go with your goodies!

BeautifulDees said...

What a darling blog, you are so creative and talented. I love the flower's it give's me an idea for my daughter's baby shower invitation's. Sooooooooo cute. Come by more.
Love ya,Debbie

Wendy said...

Oh Mrs Maker, Lovely blog, and deliciously lovely felty creations!
Thank you for finding me Marie.
Wx

ilovemyhouse said...

Oh, i already got tired reading what you did! So cute these little birds. Felt(?) guilty because i still have to organise my youngest daughters party.You got me inspired. Well done xx

aphrodita wibowo said...

love the flower headband...

xo

Muddy Puddle Crafts said...

love the flowers very well modelled ! please pop over to my blog where an award is waiting for you x

JuicyFig said...

Hello swap partner!

Just been having a look around your blog - lot's of lovliness!!! abnd you sound like a very busy mum - it is lovely to see someone around my own age with youngsters, mine little girl is almost 19, so I miss making little girl stuff!

Looking forward to being your swap partner,

Kath
x

Lacey @ TheLaceyPlace said...

Soooo Cute!! Love the little birds! I can't wait to see more!!

Mr. Spoqui said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arianna said...

Your UNO banner is fantastic! We shared it over at Modern Hostess for a birthday party coming up. Thanks for sharing.
http://modernhostess.net/2012/02/15/inspiration-uno-party/