Tuesday, 30 March 2010

finally happy......

....with my stall set-up. For the time being anyway! 

I may have mentioned it before (well, just a few times maybe), but I am part of a local group of mamas (and a papa) who all met on the school playgrounds and at various toddler groups in Berkhamsted. Last Friday saw our 5th fayre since we joined forces, less than a year ago, .....our More Than A Mama Easter Fayre!
 
It amazes me the amount of talent and business know-how there is amongst so many local parents. You forget that, before we very happily became stay at home mums and dads, we were professionals (in the business sense - not the Bodie & Doyle sense), some still are full-time working mums who amazingly manage to run their other business in the evenings and at weekends (I mean legitimate businesses - not in the ladies of the night fashion). Many of the mamas and papas are very happy to juggle their sewing, baking, writing, making lives with the school runs and toddler groups, play dates and school plays, parents evenings and swimming lessons (or disco dancing in the case of my 6 year old). 

The More Than A Mama group definitely provides great support and friendship and it's wonderful to be part of it. The local support we receive is fantastic too, for which we are all truly grateful. The next More Than A Mama Fayre will be the best yet, with new stalls and new exciting plans....I can't wait and I vow to be so incredibly organised that I will even manage more than 2 hours sleep the night before the next event ....... 

sleepy sock bunnies - sold out! yay!



8 comments:

louise35flower said...

Your stall does look wonderful and what you don't see in the photos is the fine detail which is perfect!
I love taking part in the fairs, they are a huge success and a credit to the teams hard work, well done!

The English Writer said...

Everything looks wonderful! Karen.

Rene Louise said...

You must be a perfectionist, because I thought your booth looked good before and I was totally inspired by it! :) Now I am in awe....thanks for the great eye candy!

winnibriggs said...

What a bright and appealing display. And how great to have such friends and support. Just like old village life! Hope everything goes well for you all.
Jenny x

Button Patch said...

I came to the fayre and I thought your stall was beautiful. I have even blogged about it!

You looked like you were having fun and selling lots.

Hope to combine another visit to my Mum and Dad's next time you have a fayre.

Button Patch said...

I came to the fayre and I thought your stall was beautiful. I have even blogged about it!

You looked like you were having fun and selling lots.

Hope to combine another visit to my Mum and Dad's next time you have a fayre.

Patrícia S... said...

So many beautiful things!
Congratulations for your work.
:)

Patrícia Silvério

Emma said...

Hello, just found your blog.
Your stall looks really good.
I love it all..Em x