Tuesday, 2 February 2010

seeing stars......

Hi all, I'm afraid I'm having another week of dragging my heels, I should be working on my Easter projects and my 'crafty kits for crafty folk' but instead I've been updating my etsy shop with some, not new, but refreshed items. I took some new colourful pics to show my range of name banners altogether as one big happy felt family. I've added the circle style to my repertoire plus the new bright stars banner for 'Zach', which was a pressie for my friend's new (7 week old) gorgeous little man.


I've been making some 'one colour' Toothy Monsters too. I tend to make them in bright multi-colours normally but decided to make these ones in simple shades, nothing too busy this time.




I need to update my folksy shop again though, but I must admit I've become a little disheartened with it this week. This all began when I happened to do a search for one of my items to see where it came up in the list of items available, BIG mistake. I came across an item from another seller soooooo similar to one of mine with the exact SAME blurb in the description that it couldn't have just been a coincidence, most annoying. I must remember an excellent piece of advice I received though, to always concentrate on your own creativity not that of your competitors, otherwise you will drive yourself crazy.

So, with that mantra in mind all I can do is carry on doing what I'm doing, but try to do it better and not worry what other people are selling. Well, I shall try and do that, I know it's tricky in this felt world where there's so many talented artisans, you take inspiration from everywhere and sometimes you make something that you think is well and truly your own original idea only to find it's been made already, maybe in a different style but already there nonetheless. Well, there's room for everyone in this artistic world so I shall have another coffee and get on with my stitching.

I'm working on some fabulous hello kitty brooches as party favors plus some scary monster key rings and necklace kits, also for party favors, plus a bright alphabet garland and a name garland, so enough wallowing in self-doubt, lets get this show on the road and sew, sew, sew...........



5 comments:

Carla Saraiva said...

Hi Marie...i do know what you talking about...:o(
It's not easy but you can do it...and i will take your advise too...focus in creating and don't look to what others are selling... ;)
...and i realy love the refreshed monster's...very,very cute...my little tooth fairy pillows are so simple near your cute tooth monters tha i almost feel afraid of showing them...
kiss...

HeartfeltHandmade said...

thank you carla - your work is gorgeous! never be afraid of showing us all your lovely makes! xx

hello gorgeous said...

hello gorgeous, well MORE loveliness as usual! Love all the the creations, colours are so vivid - even the "one" colour creations! ;o)

You gotta keep your chin up lovely, there will ALWAYS be moments of "madness" but you have to keep in mind people WANT your creations!

hugs on this wet and windy crafting kinda day!

hello gorgeous xxx

Natasha said...

Oh how annoying! But is this person no1 for felt in Portugal?
Love , love, love all your work and liking the sound of the Hello Kitty brooches!
xx

HeartfeltHandmade said...

thanks ladies, I am over it now! (just about ;o)

Also, there is only one NO.1 in felt Natasha!! ;O)

xxxxxx