Wednesday, 10 February 2010

love love love


Well, I know I'm a teensy bit premature with my Valentine's day wishes but this is a busy week for me and I need to do this now before I run out of time. I have a weekend away to pack for, just me & mr are off to the seaside for the weekend to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. I remember our 1st anniversary so well when I was whisked off to Prague for the weekend, 10 years on and 2 kiddies later, the destination has changed somewhat (it's now Broadstairs) but the sentiment is still there, somewhere beneath the bags under our eyes and the extra pounds (mine) that is. So here is a Valentine's picture of some pretty glittery hearts I made with my girls this week. They were made from tin foil shaped into hearts, covered in PVA glue and red tissue paper, left to dry, smothered in lots more of the sticky stuff and immersed in red glitter - gorgeous!

Other news this week is that I have a couple of new events to get stitching for, firstly a pre-Mother's Day shopping extravaganza from the 'What, this old thing darling' team.....


as well as the latest More Than A Mama fayre, an Easter themed goodies-loaded event at the Town Hall in Berkhamsted, Herts.


Take a look at the blog, there is a fabulous loveheart cookie tutorial over there from the oh so clever Nevie-Pie Cakes...........


Sending you all lots of love this weekend (gorgeous illustration by the very talented Katy Leigh - fellow More Than A Mama comrade).



6 comments:

Vintage Amethyst said...

Happy Valentines Day & Happy 10th Anniversary too.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend
love
Alison
x

Natasha said...

Have a wonderful weekend and visit that lovely ice cream shop and have something delicious for me!

HeartfeltHandmade said...

thank you Alison & Natasha :)

I will definitely be visiting the ice cream parlour, I do hope it's open in the winter though, I shall report back!

xx

Elise said...

Have a lovely time !

Nicole said...

I have an award for you on my blog!

Caroline's Cake Company said...

Love love love the 3D hearts!