Wednesday, 29 July 2009

sock project...


A while back, my friend, the lovely Becky from Isla B Baby , let me borrow a fantastic book of hers by Miyako Kanamori about creating soft friends from socks and gloves.

Well, I adore sock toys and have been waiting for a tiny window of opportunity in order to make some of my own. Well, a tiny window appeared yesterday afternoon and once I'd started, I couldn't stop!

I was so impatient to see the end results that I must admit the stitching is none too neat and I can make many many improvements but the end results are cute and much loved by their new owners! Not a bad effort for a first go.


I had such fun making these soft sock friends that I can see an obsession forming! Now, what shall I make next.... maybe a stripey lamb....I will be sure to introduce you to him soon.....

5 comments:

Cal said...

They are adorable.
Cal x

Abi Bundy said...

Love these what a great idea!

Isla B Baby said...

Oh how fantastic! Love them they made me smile from ear to ear! x

Kalicat said...

these are absolutely super cute

Beth said...

these lil' guys are adorable!