Thursday, 30 July 2009

Juicy Fruity Summer

Right, enough of this dismal summer rain, (although the sun has finally made an appearance this afternoon), but I need brightening up, get your shades, here comes some colour!
First off, a selection of the colourful felt and fabrics used for my Tooth Fairy Monsters, I've even begun to add a hair bow to girlify (is that even a word?) the Miss Tooth Fairy Monsters!
Hair Clip Holders have been revamped too, here is the one I made for my girls, a little blonde cutie with a rainbow ribbon.....
....and here it is in all it's glory - fully utilised as you can see with a LOT of hairclips, in fact, I think maybe all the girls' clips are on it, apart from the ones down the side of their beds, those down the back of the sofa, the ones on the hair of GirlsWorld and in various other places, mmmm, maybe I should make another one!
Keeping up with my bright theme, I recently sent out a custom order for a garland to co-ordinate with a particular height chart, hopefully I've succeeded with this colourful and cheery stars banner. Oh how I loved using all these colours together.
In the meantime, week 2 of summer hols is nearly at an end, and we have been painting pottery today. We won't pick up the finished products until next week, I can't wait to see how our unicorn, kitty and pen holder have turned out.....hopefully not the hot mess we left them in! I'm hoping the glazing and 'cooking' process (I know that's not the correct term, but the proper one escapes me!) has turned them from 'none too pretty' ducklings into beautiful swans.....we will see......over and out.

11 comments:

Cal said...

Your hairclip holder is great. Miss Mouse will probably need one when she has hair! And I clicked to enlarge on your stars, how on earth do you get your stitching so neat?? It's brilliant.

Cal x

HeartfeltHandmade said...

Thanks so much Cal, I put all the neatness I have into those teeny stitches, you should see my home though, not a whole lot of neatness going on there at all!
xx

PaisleyJade said...

Loooove the colours! The hairclip holder is such a good idea I just may have to steal!!

Diane said...

Wow!! - are you the record holder for the longest list of blogs that you read!!! Your blog is lovely. xxx

crafty mommy of 4 said...

Hi, love your blog and all the lovely things you make...so very inspiring!

PinkLady said...

Loving th hair clip holder. What a good idea. Now if only I could actually find all my daughter's clips!

Your blog is great and everything you make is really cute.

xx

Tracey said...

You make beautiful things, I love your blog, glad I found you!

Tracey xxx

Bianca Alonso said...

Your work i always beautiful!! i love everything here :)

Torie Jayne said...

I love your hairclip holder, so cute!

hipAholic said...

Hello! I love the tooth fairy monsters! They are cute and cheerful! Well done!

hipAholic said...

I love the tooth fairy monsters! They are cute and cheerful! Well done!