Thursday, 16 July 2009

Charity Cake Break

I must admit I am rather 'caked out' this afternoon! The reason being the wonderful 'Cake Break' I attended this morning at my lovely friend Jo's house. It was her second charity cake and coffee morning, in aid of MS, and it was a wonderful success. I ate A LOT of yummy homemade cakes and drank a lot of delicious coffee (I'm a coffee addict and managed 3 or 4 in the space of 2 hours!). My contribution was the gingerbread cakes (thanks to Nigella's foolproof recipe) with homemade lemon curd.
Jo from Stealing Candy hosted the 'Cake Break'
I made some cupcake magnets and donated them to the 'Cake Break', and local illustrator, Katy Leigh, donated some of her gorgeous cards too.

My little girl Georgie, aged 3, had a tough time deciding on which cake to eat, so she tried most of them, like mother like daughter!

It was mums, cakes, babies, cakes, tea, coffee and doggie galore!

Thank you Jo for hosting another lovely coffee and cake morning in aid of MS, Jo's mum has had MS from a very young age and any support we can give the charity is much appreciated and well deserved!

7 comments:

cutedesigns said...

Mmmm.... those cupcakes look yummy! :)

Jackie said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful morning! Coffee and cake ~ yummy ~ and all for a very good cause too :O)

HeartfeltHandmade said...

thank you! yes, cupcakes were delish! I'm still stuffed!
x

PaisleyJade said...

Everything looks so lovely!!!

Gillian said...

Very cute - in awe of all that baking and love your magnets too!G

Lyn said...

such a lovely post! the pictures are beautiful :)

Vintage Amethyst said...

Oh it looks wonderful. Oohhh look at all the goodness, yummy!
love
Alison
x