Saturday, 30 May 2009

New swaps sent


As a member of a flickr group, The Handmade co., I've been part of a couple of recent swaps. The deadline to send them is 31 May, so I got mine off just in time!
Firstly we had a Whimsy Jar swap, I've posted off a jar of red and green goodies to Wen_ot, hope she likes them.
My second swap this month was a bit of a challenge for me. Again part of the Handmade co. group we had a reading swap where we were to make something book related, be it a book cover or bookmark etc. Being a sewing machine phobic I wasn't sure how I was going to tackle this, but I did try really hard, even though the results are not that spectacular! I used a soft blue polka dot linen fabric, lined with red felt with a touch of red and white floral fabric and a smattering of red heart buttons. The result was OK, but not my best work. It was my first (and probably last) attempt. Anyway, I do hope Mariatralha likes it. To soften the disappointment I added a few treats too, Trident gum, chocolate, some stickers (you can't see them as they are inside the book), a handmade birdie and a cute little tin full of buttons and things.




The next swap in this group is 'pink' - I cannot wait as I use sooooo much pink in my creations that I'm going to love this swap. I am also involved in a couple of private swaps with my flickr pals, I will post on them later in June.
Bye for now, I'm off to enjoy the sun with my girlies
xoxo

8 comments:

Susie said...

Thank you for following my blog, I love yours too, some beautiful things.

See you are having a bit of a heatwave there in the Uk at present, lovely, just at the right time too.

Susie
I Just Love That Fabric

bex said...

ohh wow! i love th idea of a whimsy swap!!! thats awesome! thanks for following my blog to...congratulations on all of your hand made loveliness!!!
x

HeartfeltHandmade said...

thanks so much Susie and Bex - love your blogs!
The jar has been received and she loves it all - hurrah! :)

Gillian said...

Wow - I'm always amazed at how gorgeous your swaps are! I just signed up for a Sleepover Swap and am slightly worried!?

mila said...

thank once again, dear!!!
i loved all...and my bookcover is always in my bag!!!

Federica said...

What a lovely blog, love your creations!

Federica
http://sweet-as-a-candy.blogspot.com/

maggik1 said...

Hi! Just discovered your blog. Linked through from Everyday Life. Love the stars and the tooth fairies. Keep it up!

mila said...

MINE!!!
Thank you dear!!!
see you on facebook too!!!