Saturday, 16 May 2009

Gifts for Mia


When baby Mia was born on the 21st April I knew I had to make her a special new baby keepsake. I also wanted to make something a little bit different to my usual banners, so here it is, a girlie version of my star banner in baby pink and cream, with a touch of the hubbabubba about it!
Inspired by my eldest daughter's old nursery, it was peony pink with little bubblegum pink stars (the funny thing is, it's still pink and starry but is also my husbands office now - ha ha - will get round to repainting it at some point - he doesn't seem to mind!). I also had a go at making a little card using some yummy fabrics I received in my recent swaps, sewn onto felt. Sending lots of love and best wishes to Vic, Adam and of course baby Mia.

p.s. thank you for naming her Mia, a wonderfully short name, can you imagine how much longer it would have taken me to make her pressie if her name had been any longer!

2 comments:

Gillian said...

What a pretty card - I really need to get a pinking shears! I have my Grannie's but its very dull. Love the garland too - very pretty!

HeartfeltHandmade said...

Thanks Gillian - I completely adore my pinking shears!!