Friday, 13 February 2009

Parties and cupcakes!



















This week I had the pleasure of making a felty creation to go into each of the party bags for the daughter of my lovely flickr pal Natasha, http://www.flickr.com/photos/neviepiecakes/ I had lots of fun making these pink and blue cupcakes with little heart tags for all the little girls lucky enough to be going to the craft party tomorrow (14th Feb - Valentines Day). I know Natasha has a very strong artistic genes and is very talented so I am so looking forward to seeing which activities she has planned and also very much looking forward to seeing the cakes (and hopefully tasting them too!!!).

I really enjoy making items for party bags and they look so sweet bagged up altogether in a huge pile! Hope the girls have a lovely time. My eldest, Maddie, is a guest and is soooooo looking forward to the party tomorrow! Oh to be a 5 year old.


I'd also like to make a special mention for Jo from http://www.stealingcandy.co.uk/ who hosted a wonderful Cake & Coffee morning at her lovely home today in aid of MS. There were many scrummy yummy cakes and lots of school mums who turned up in support. Well done everyone because £122.68 was raised (the 68p was very generously donated by Jo's 5 year old son William who raided his piggy bank for such a good cause). Jo's completely lovely mum has suffered from MS for many many years and is a real inspiration to us all. Well done everyone! xoxo

7 comments:

Gillian said...

Your cupcakes are so sweet!! Love the packaging too. Hope its a great party.

Jackie said...

I love those little cupcakes and heart tags - I wish I was going to the party too! :O)

HeartfeltHandmade said...

I know, I want to stay at the party too, but Maddie will be pushing me out the door. I think I will return to pick her up just a little bit too early!

jon said...

Your cupcakes look almost as good as the real ones you made for the Charity Coffee morning. I know this as I watched you sew the gorgeous beads and sparkly things to each wonderfully made cupcakes. x

jon said...

PS - Happy Valentines from Jo NOT Jon!!!

Vintage Amethyst said...

Oh how cute are they!
Glad to hear los of money was raised for a good cause.
Love
Alison
x

Sapos&Trapos said...

Those cupcakes are amazing.
Mnami
:D