Saturday, 21 February 2009

has it been a week?

I can't believe it's been so long since I posted, mind you it has been half term hols so that helps to explain it! We have been busy catching up with friends and their children and generally having lots of half term fun. But now I'm back to tell you about my latest makes. I've still managed to get some work done!

Firstly I posted this package of treats off to my swap partner kitty.eden (http://all-about-eden-saraeden.blogspot.com/) for the 'A Little Fabric, A Little Chocolate' Feb swap over on flickr.com. It was my first swap, so I will get better at it and hopefully become a Super Swapper eventually!

Something else I completed recently was a hair slide/clip tidy. The idea has been developing in my mind for several months and I finally got round to creating it. This is my first one, so no doubt it will be tweaked when I make my next one. I also need to make a couple of them for my girls, I'm forever finding hairclips all over the place.




The Hairclip tidy has little dotty hearts hanging from the bottom of the ribbons too (these are quite dominant in my creations recently - no reason why, I just like 'em).





I've also managed to make a couple of new name garlands, both slightly different to my norm. Firstly to the blue 'Colben' version, I added a matching heart at the end at my clients request. It looks sweet and I think I will try and incorporate more button hearts into my makes. I used to make felt hearts all the time (hence my name Heartfelt!), I feel more hearts coming soon! Watch out.



Most of you will notice from my creations that I rarely make anything in muted tones but for this 'Harry' garland I was given the freedom to make it in any colour I liked. So, for a new baby boy I decided to make this garland in soft beige, cream and a touch of baby blue. I really like my subtle side!





Other makes include some new 'Going Dotty' hanging letters. Amongst them are this blue 'J' and this pink 'A'. The 'A' is a new variation for me, made with dots and buttons. Both letters were for school friends of my eldest. The 'A' was for Amelie (neviepiecakes' eldest). I have to mention the amazing birthday cake that Natasha made, it was beautiful and tasted divine (chocolate with tonnes of choc chunks, mmmmmmm). See her wonderful yummy treats at www.flickr.com/photos/neviepiecakes.



1 comment:

saraeden said...

Thank you so much for my swap package and sorry i haven't been over to say thank you , last week was a bit of a nightmare and i am just catching up !!!

Sara x