Monday, 5 January 2009

Happy New Year!


Wow, went to bed last night to a fine smattering of falling snowflakes and woke up to a lovely covering of snow all over the garden. The girls couldn't wait to get outside to make a snowman, although, once out there holding snow in their poor little (gloveless) freezing hands they soon changed their minds. Georgie went inside first and watched Maddie & I from the window as we made the world's smallest snowman! Unfortunately my camera battery ran out before I had a chance to take a picture of Snowy, as he was named, it's a shame, he had the biggest carrot nose I've ever seen on such a weeny snowman!!

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year. I am beginning to feel normal again after a bout of a nasty virus that had me laid up at my parents over the new year, Maddie had it too so poor daddy, nana and gaga and Georgie had to look after us!

I have managed to squeeze in a few makes though to feast your eyes upon... I've made a start with my Valentines collection.

This is a Pocket of Love, a felt envelope that fastens with a snap fastener and has a padded heart on the front. Inside is a 'I'm dotty about you' love heart hanger. It is red with bright pink spots on the front and plain pink on the reverse. I can't get enough of pink and red together, it just works so well, so you will be seeing plenty more.

I made a little purple and lilac heart for one of my daughter's friends, she is 5 soon, so this will be part of her prezzie.

Finally, I have a new 'Happy Birthday' garland to show you, this one has been made with a rainbow ribbon and lots of different colours of felt, designed for anyone, male or female, young or old. This one has actually been posted off to the USA as a future Giveaway on the following site http://www.frugalmommyof2girls.blogspot.com/


In addition I am currently working on some party favours, a set of dinosaur badges and some sequin star hairclips, all to be revealed soon.
I'll keep you posted!!
Now, back to school tomorrow for Maddie and with Georgie starting a new pre-school on Wed I'd better get sorted!
Best wishes to you all for a very happy 2009 xoxo

2 comments:

Clemencia said...

Congratulations on the beautiful talent you have in your hands, I tried making christmas ornaments by hand and didn't have the patience to sit down and sew it by hand lol

Vintage Amethyst said...

Happy New Year to you too.
So glad that you have entered my giveaway.
I love that happy birthday banner, it is so fab.
Love
Alison
x