Tuesday, 18 November 2008

All's fair....

Last Sunday was the day of my 2nd ever fair. My kitchen table can now return to semi-normality as all last week it was my stall mock up! My little girls were so very good and left the merchandise free of chocolate spread and strawberry jam finger prints. My little Georgie, 2.5 yrs, kept looking at it saying 'oooooo, I like your shop mummy'. Scrumptious.

It went so much better than I ever expected. The many, many late nights of sewing were well worth it, although I'm definitely a night owl anyway and all my best ideas happen when 'normal' full-time mums should be tucked up in bed fast asleep!

Maddie, my nearly 5 yr old, insisted on 'helping' me at the stall for the last hour of the day. She was in fact most helpful and once each potential customer had finished pawing over the goods, she immediately tidied up the display, making it all look pretty again (lord knows where she gets her tidy streak from, not I unfortunately).

Anyway, here is a pic of my stall, I haven't downloaded them all yet, so will add a few close-ups shortly. Thanks to so many talents on flickr for such lovely comments xoxo

1 comment:

Vintage Amethyst said...

Oohhhh it looks so lovely, I love it. I've just seen the photo over on Flickr and then popped over here.
Glad it went so well and your 2 little ones sound simply adorable.
Love
Alison x