Wednesday, 29 October 2008

It's coming...........

Well, it's nearly the end of October, the shops have their Christmas cards and decorations on show, the nights are getting longer and darker and we've had snow already!!! So, what better time to show you some of my Christmas ornies. I am busy sewing my decorations in time for my next Craft Fair on Nov 16th. As you can see, I'm sticking with a red, white and blue theme this season and I'm looking forward to decorating my home in these shades too, right down to the wrapping paper.....I do love a theme. My decorations also have a bit of a gingerbread theme, apart from my g'breadmen (not shown) I wanted a look of 'iced' gingerbread biscuits so have sewn the spotty felt onto plain 'gingerbread' coloured felt. The reverse of my decs are a contrasting colour to that on the front, i.e. my blue spotty star with red details on the front is plain red on the reverse. I've also fallen back in love with my pinking shears! Maddie, nearly 5, liked the little Father Christmas finger puppets best, that and a gingerbread man with pink bow-tie, pink buttons and ribbon........she is my biggest 'pink' inspiration.

No comments: